Thursday, January 26, 2017

Learn to Bike, Skate, etc - American Inline

The first pre-registration for summer camp of the 2017 summer camp season came across my email back on December 17th from American Inline. They offered a great deal - $75 off a full-day camps. As much as I wanted to take advantage of this deal, the holiday rush and feeling poor after holiday shopping meant I didn't take advantage.

 American Inline Summer Camps


This promotion worked out great for American Inline though... Four weeks of their full-day summer camps are already sold out as of the writing of this blog.

The camps that American Inline offers all involve wheels, from bikes, to roller blades and skate boarding. The most popular camp is the "Learn to Ride a Bike Camp" for obvious reasons.

My oldest daisy has been to two of their camps where she first learned to ride and the second year she went to "Bike Riding Camp".  Despite being outside all day, she LOVES this camp. So I'm signing up both of my Daisies now before anymore weeks sell out. My youngest will be in the Learn the Ride camp the same week at the same location as my oldest who'll be improving her bike riding skills.

Why I like American Inline Camps:
  • They offer before and after care for an additional fee.  Which is great if you work; you can have coverage from as early at 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
  • They teach a skill that is difficult to learn when you live in a very hilly neighborhood.  "Going bike riding" for us, means loading up the bikes and driving to an open area or bike trail.
  • BONUS I don't have to take my kids to two different camps! They offer the different skill levels at the same location during the same week.  
  • After care, often offers other activities, such as swimming, which is a great way to cool off after a day biking in the sun.
Other reasons to like this camp:
  • While we already had bikes, some may not.  You can rent a bike for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment