Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins

Once I learned how crazy easy it is to make homemade cranberry sauce for holiday dinners I can't go back to canned.  The only downside... the homemade sauce is so good, I feel compelled to use every last bit of it. Hence Cranberry Sauce Muffins! My daisies love them.
Cranberry Sauce Muffins
This is the recipe that I've pulled together after trying a few different recipes.

Cranberry Sauce Muffins:

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar (I used a 50/50 mix of coconut sugar and regular sugar)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg, beaten
1 cup leftover homemade cranberry sauce

Directions:
  • Heat oven to 400°F. I prefer paper cupcake liners to send these in lunches with my kids, but they come out better if you use cooking spray and put them directly in the muffin tins or use silicon baking cups.  Recipe makes about 18 muffins.
  • In a large mixing bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  • Add the wet ingredients: butter, milk, beaten egg and vanilla; mix until all ingredients are incorporated and you have a thick batter.
  • Stir in the cranberry sauce
  • Put batter in muffin tins, filling each cup 3/4 full
  • Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 
  • Cool before serving, tastes great with butter or a cream cheese icing or whipped spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment